Returning customers can log-in here.
***WEEK 9: WALK-THROUGH FORMAT CONTINUES ***
For Saturday, May 30th, the online market will continue to follow the process below:
- The online store will be open for shopping from Tuesday, May 26th at 6 a.m. until we receive 1,000 customer orders, or until Thursday, May 28th at 11:59 p.m., whichever comes first.
- Pick up will take place Saturday, May 30th from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. at Showers Common, 401 N. Morton Street in Bloomington, Indiana, with pick up times based on the first initial of your last name following the schedule below. Please note that you can have a family member or friend pick up your order for you, even if they are in a different alphabet group, just be sure that they know what name your order is under. If the designated time slot doesn’t work for your schedule and you are unable to find someone to pick up for you, we will not turn you away if you come at another time.
- 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. Pickup for last names beginning with A-Be
- 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Pickup for last names beginning with Bf-Bz
- 9:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. Pickup for last names beginning with C-D
- 9:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Pickup for last names beginning with E-G
- 10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. Pickup for last names beginning with H-J
- 10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Pickup for last names beginning with K-L
- 11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Pickup for last names beginning with M-O
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Pickup for last names beginning with P-R
- 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m. Pickup for last names beginning with S
- 12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Pickup for last names beginning with T-Z
- Please send only one person per family to pick up.
- Consider bringing a piece of paper with your full name written in large, clear lettering to show vendors when you arrive at their booths. This will make it easier for vendors to find your order and maintain proper social distance.
- Note that the city is currently offering one free 2 hour parking session per day downtown.
- There will be a single entrance, and single exit, to and from the Market area, located on the plaza in front of City Hall. See the map pasted below for this location.
- Customers will check in at the Farmers' Market entrance on the plaza in front of City Hall at their designated pick-up time. They will be given a printed copy of their order form.
- A maximum of 75 customers will be permitted in the Market area at one time. Customers will walk through the Market to pick up their pre-ordered items. There are NO onsite sales. The vendors will be arranged in alphabetical order by farm or business name, mirroring the customer order forms.
- A limited number of shopping carts will be available for gathering larger orders.
- Customers are asked to move in and through the Market quickly, with the goal of picking up pre-ordered food.
- Customers are strongly encouraged to wear masks with gloves being recommended.
- Safety features inside the Market will include one-way traffic, with a designated entrance and exit; hand washing stations, increased spacing between vendor stalls, and physical distancing between customers and vendors. All vendors and staff will wear gloves and masks and will sanitize hands and tables frequently. No on-site purchases are permitted, only pre-ordered pick up.
- SNAP customers may continue to use their EBT cards for the Double Market Bucks program. SNAP customers should use the online platform to register as a "SNAP Customer" and then place their food orders online. Bring your EBT card to Market on Saturday, and redeem your SNAP benefits for Double Market Bucks on site at the designated table by the Market entrance.
Customers should plan to adhere to the following safety protocols at Market:
- Do not enter the Market if you are sick or have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Your reusable bag must be clean. Do not set your bag down on vendor tables.
- Practice physical distancing by staying 6 feet away from others.
- We strongly recommend that customers wear masks and disposable gloves.
- Pedestrian traffic is one way.
- Pick up your pre-ordered items and exit the Market.
- Thoroughly wash your hands after leaving the Market.
More details for new customers are below.
WELCOME TO THE ONLINE BLOOMINGTON COMMUNITY FARMERS' MARKET!
In response to the COVID-19 crisis, the Bloomington Community Farmers' Market is continuing into May with a virtual ordering format. Shop safely from all your favorite farm vendors, and food and beverage artisans, online and then get your food at a walk-through pick up on Saturday morning at Showers Common. During this challenging time, it is more important than ever to invest in your local food system and support small businesses.
Signing up is easy. Just click to Register as a Customer and enter your contact and billing information. If you want to pay with SNAP benefits, be sure to register as a "SNAP Customer".
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Starting in May, the Bloomington Community Farmers’ Market will merge its online store with a physically distanced walk-through customer order pick up as the Market returns to its usual location at Showers Common, 401 N. Morton Street. This change will facilitate an increase in vendor and customer participation while continuing to meet CDC guidelines for COVID-19 public safety.
The online store will be open for customer shopping each week from Tuesday at 6 a.m. until we receive 1000 customer orders or until Thursday at 11:59 p.m, which ever comes first. Returning customers can log-in during this time period, fill their shopping carts, and then confirm their orders. Customers can adjust their orders, adding or removing items, at any time until the store closes each week.
Order pick up will take place Saturdays from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. at Showers Common, 401 N. Morton Street, with pick up times based on the first initial of your last name. SNAP customers will pay at the pick up site with their EBT card and up to $18 in matching Double Market Bucks. For customers paying with a credit card, payment transactions will be finalized on the Monday after market pick up.
WHAT'S AVAILABLE THIS WEEK?
Visit our Product List page to see what vendors have to offer. Use the "Shop By" button on the left side of the product list to search by categories, what's new, vendor, or attributes. More than 40 regional farmers and food and beverage artisans have a wide variety of produce, meats, cheeses, eggs, artisan foods, cut flowers, and plants available. Check back weekly for new items, including additional participating vendors and new seasonal product offerings.